Wednesday 10 October 2012

Take your coat off or you won't feel the benefit

....is a phrase often repeated by aunties but never adequately explained.  I doubt whether you'll get any sense out of them at all if you confront them with this.

 This is an interesting development in cutesie bits-missing couture. You know, I think I'd want the elbows intact, as a sort of minimum standard in a winter coat, to prevent unwelcome gusts.  But then that's just my rigidly conservative attitude to clothing:  Topshop, I'm sure, feel a little more confident in their menu of winter attire, because they've priced this merry little amuse-bouche at a hundred bloody quid.

I once had my car vandalised by a mindless thug, and even that bastard didn't leave an invoice under the wiper blade.  Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment