Wednesday 10 August 2011

I don't know what I'm looking at but I'm certain I never want to see it again

There are a number of things wrong with this skirt.  Polyester pleats are unpleasantly reminiscent of the school skirt I had to wear, but there's rather more to complain about than my adolescent discomfort, however much you'd love to hear about the angst of my teenage years - let me tell you all about it next time we meet!

That shot-off look at mid-thigh just ruins the whole idea of a maxi-skirt, which is surely to provide a column effect on the wearer.  It's an ugly visual interruption of the length of the garment.  The designer clearly wanted it both ways: 'Hmmmm, maxi is too frumpy, so I'll make it see-through and put this mini-skirt in - yes, that solves it!'  Marks and Spencers pull off this sort of clumsiness far more effectively.

Topshop - £45.  No, I didn't think cheek could be this barefaced, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment